- Stayed completely caught up with grading
- Completely prepped next week
- Met with lots of students in office hours
- Drove all the heck over town for at least 2 hours every night after school to single-handedly get all of the children to all of their activities, including hockey for Cooper which meant I had to spend way more time kneeling in a stinky locker room touching skate laces that have dragged god knows where than I otherwise would have liked
- Remembered that I signed Cooper and Jack up for an awesome library class and actually got them to there
- Did yoga EVERY MORNING! This is huge, and I feel totally awesome about it
- Cleaned the bedrooms twice, with dusting and also vacuuming and also cleaned the living room mid-week
- Volunteered in 2/4 classrooms and sent in snacks for Dr. Seuss's birthday
- Assembled all of the things for Dorothy's Pokemon birthday party (still need to grab the cake and balloons)
- Planned and found a location for Ben's 40th birthday party next month
- Had a day date with Ben and a day date with Harry
- Got acupuncture
- Sorted out a giant and ridiculous insurance mess
This week I did not
- Write anything creative any day
- Work on the giant class prep I am dealing with for fall
- Make any headway on planning the speech camp I am directing this summer
- Find the joy in the everyday-- I was pretty stressed out and put upon most of the week, and this sucks because I cannot change the amount of shit I have to slog through solo, but I can change how I act about the slog. Case in point: meals this week, which you will have to wait to read about tomorrow. I KNOW YOU CANNOT WAIT.
Next week, I want to keep up with the maintenance cleaning-- especially since this weekend is a giant mess, and I have no idea when I will be able to actually clean the damn house. I also want to continue the everyday yoga because it makes me feel so good. Finally, I need to address the larger work projects on my plate as well as my creative writing projects. THAT'S A LOT.
Speaking of day dates (I write the best transitions), would you like to see some pics?
Here's me and Ben going out for fancy pizza mid-day:
And then! Harry didn't have school on Friday,. so after I taught in the morning (and Harry came with me to class and LOVED IT), he and I met Ben downtown to see Ben;'s new office and celebrate Harry's winning of his school speech contest and advancement to the district competition.