these with no help from me
Wednesday, December 02, 2020
Tuesday, December 01, 2020
I didn't read a lot, and while this not reading made me sad, I also couldn't get myself to read. I blame Plain Bad Heroines which I did not like but could not stop reading. WHY can I not stop reading books I hate? GAH.
Plain Bad Heroines by Emily Danforth: Hated it.
The End of October by Lawrence Wright: This is so scary!! About a global pandemic. You should read it.
Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline: I did not love this. But also it is pretty awesome.
Want by Lynn Strong Steger: I LOVED this! So compelling and suspenseful even though it's just about normal life.
The Distant Dead by Heather Young: YOU GUUUUUYS! Read this one.
Monday, November 30, 2020
Sunday, November 29, 2020
I want to set intentions for this season because the fourth trimester has ended, and I need to get back into my health and fitness routine and make more space for work. I thought that NaBlo would help with the latter, but we all know I have been faking this thing. So, here are my daily practices for this season:
1.100 crunches everyday (I started this on Friday, and I can feel my abs again! And they hurt)
2. Yoga everyday (maybe this will be a video of some sort-- maybe it is just a couple of sun salutes-- whatever works)
3. No snacking after dinner (a hard one, to be sure)
4. All spring class prep done before the semester ends (SOUNDS IMPOSSIBLE)
5. Read. EVERYDAY. (I am slipping out of this habit, and it is making me sad)
6. Watch at least 14 terrible holiday movies on Netflix (or another streaming service-- this does not count my usual holiday faves, and Netflix is really the best becauee they HAVE SO MANY GENRES.
Here's a baby tax: Minnie helping me grocery shop:
Saturday, November 28, 2020
Our Christmas tree farm was awesome. They had TONS of staff working (all masked, natch), and they set up an outdoor pay station. We were in and out with a tree, a tiny tree, and a bunch of branches in less than 15 minutes. AND IT WAS STILL MERRY AF.
I love needle-sweeping season!!