I have spent SO MUCH MONEY playing that game, and the problem is that you kind of need a steady flow of cash to keep yourself in fake art and flowers. I think I spent $25 last moth and maybe even more in Feb. YOU GUYS. That's bananas. The problem is I still want to play it, so I am taking a hiatus in April where I just log in and get my daily reward and then if I want to play in May, I will be filthy rich. SHIT. Typing this out, I realize how addicted I am.
So maybe I am not leaving Design Home in March, just spending money on Design Home. BABY STEPS.
Also, I am working really hard in leaving behind my midlife crisis, but that's proving to be harder than I thought it would be. I am sure you will hear more about this as May approaches, but maybe not. But probably.
A few small things I'd like to not do anymore:
- Eat super late at night so I have to fast all effing day until 2 or 3 pm. But my weekend plans make me think this won't change right away...
- Lose my shit when the windows are open. So far so good, but open window season has just barely started
- Go days without petting the dog. Last night she curled up next to me on the couch, and I realized as I was playing with her face fat that I hadn't petted her since we got home from our trip. I mean, the kids are ALL OVER HER, so she gets her share of cuddles, but still! Pets are for petting!
- Go weeks without bathing the dog. I think this is related to the above.
- Stop slacking my my skincare routine. I am lucky to use 3/10 steps these days and sometimes I don't even wash my fave before bed. Gah!
- Shortchange my own work time. It's always easy to find something else to do, but it's not fair to clean a toilet instead of writing a book and then get mad at everyone about it when I am motivated by my very own fear of failure.
Seems doable, right? **worried face emoji**