Before 10:00 am, I have:
- Updated the attendance for my 200-person lecture. This is hard because I am taking attendance in the slowest, most time consuming possible way, and then because it's a pain, I procrastinate, so today, I had to do 2 lectures-worth of reading and recording
- Gotten 4 kids off to 3 different schools and made all of their beds and cleaned all of their bathrooms
- Put dinner for the oldest 4 of us in the crockpot
- Packed a picnic for the little 2 to eat at gymnastics
- Worked on my adjunct class
- Baked peanut butter M&M cookies because the banana choc chip muffins I made last night are already gone-- and! Since I am still doing intermittent fasting, I have started doing all of my baking in my fasting window, and I am not eating ANYTHING while I bake. This is huge for me because I used to eat easily 600 calories in dough and chocolate chips, etc. And then, of course, I would not tell My Fitness Pal because who wants to own up to that?
- Worked out
- Lifted weights
- Took a shower
- Got dressed and put on makeup
- Worked on my spring class
- Read about ancient Greece
- Done 4 loads of laundry, including a bunch of pee laundry
I mean, now I can basically slack for the rest of the damn day. KIDDING. Sort of. I have a fridge water filter to change, a book to read for a blog review, and a novel to write.
World's cutest sweatpants from H&M where I stopped after work to get Dorothy something My Little Pony to wear to the movie (omfg). I texted a pic of them to Ben to see if he thought Coop would like them. He predicted that the legs would be TOO TIGHT TOO TIGHT TOO TIGHT. But I bought them anyway along with an ill-advised rainbow unicorn sweatshirt for me and then Cooper hated them OF COURSE and I had to take them back but damn they're cute. Also, If you "need" to buy licensed character clothing for your kid, I totally recommend H&M-- their stuff is generally cuter than most.
I have lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks of fasting intermittently, and it's awesome. I am someone who can abstain more easily than I can indulge moderately because I live my entire life balanced at the edge of a slippery slope fallacy, so the 8-hour eating window works great. I also don't feel like I need to deprive myself when it's time to eat, so the 1200 calories that My Fitness Pal suggests I eat (1500 with exercise) go a LONG WAY. If you are an upholder and an abstainer like me, I bet you'd like it, too.
And! Because I fast until 12 or 13:30, I have started drinking my coffee black, and we are going through a half-gallon LESS MILK. And I never counted my coffee-milk calories because I figured it was just skim milk and just a little, but it was CUPS of milk a week. CUPS.
And one more thing! I was worried about staining my teeth with black coffee, so I started drinking it from a stainless steel straw and my mom said that would burn my lips and I was all whatever lady and IT DID. So now I like my coffee tepid. And by like I mean tolerate.