Today, I am celebrating with a homemade cookie cake and a takeout pizza, as well as my favorite kringles (yes, two of them) for breakfast.
Also, the kids have a day off from school, which is so freaking awesome I cannot even.
And-- wait for it-- MY MEETING GOT CANCELED.
I have big plans to lie in the sun** and read an entire book and take the kids for a walk someplace lovely. Also, NAP. And-- we are getting TAKEOUT PIZZA, our first takeout food since Safer at Home began (for us) on MARCH FREAKING 13th
But! after this one more lazy lovely fatty day, I am embarking on a health-focused year. 42 is a year of healthy habits including:
1. Screen time limits. I am not going to spend 42 stuck in the scroll-- you heard it here first.
2. Daily writing practice
3. Daily yoga, even if this means I am just doing a sun salute and a quick down dog or two
4. 50 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and 30 minutes on the weekends. This is what I have been doing since January, and I really like it.
5. Healthy food habits. Okay, this one is harder. I think after I have the baby, I should use something like Noom, but I also don't want to defer healthy habits until August. I think I need to focus on
- more water
- less sugar
- fewer snacks
- no nighttime eating after dinner
- The good news is I am KILLING IT on the no alcohol. LOLz.
- I also need to go back portion control and
- only eating when I am hungry. I was so good at this when I did intermittent fasting, but being stuck at home and also being pregnant has led me to snack for fun again.
- If I can work on cutting bad eating habits out BEFORE I have the baby, I think I will be better off long term.
- Oreos and I need to break up, which feels pretty tragic.
- No more chocolate milk in my morning coffee. You know, the little things.
All of this is very easy to say when I am literally full of Kringle and getting ready to bake a cookie cake
TL; DR: Gluttonous day today and then HEALTHY LIVING FOR A YEAR. Gulp.
** Jon got me a GIANT HAMMOCK, and I cannot even WAIT