- Whole30 Day 2: Last night I dreamed about pizza. Smelling it. CHEWING IT. Just sitting at a table with a bite of it in my mouth. I woke up kind of sad, to tell you the truth.
- Everyone claims to have had a great first day, and both Harry and Jack started new activities after school and really liked them.
- My Google calendar makes me want to barf, and I just answered a Doodle poll with tons of 7am meeting options.
- My class stats today, and I am really nervous about it. I worked REALLY HARD on this class all last year because creating a new large lecture class is haaaaaaaard. I seldom work really hard on things because I am worried about failing, but I went all out on this one, hence the nerves.
- Yesterday, Harrison had the day off, so I took him shopping for a first day of school outfit, and he can shop at American Eagle now, and I AM SO OLD. (Also, I need glasses to see my computer screen and different glasses to drive my car, and I think I am getting bifocals and it's all just so real).
- Dorothy's teacher sent a link to a video from Dorothy's kindergarten class last year-- a 12-minute picture montage set to sweet music, and I cried and cried. Kindergarten is over for us, and it all went so fast. The days are long, but the years are short.
Look at what a selfless giver I am-- on the Whole30 and still filling Humpty Dumpty with perfect cookies. (Note: I baked these on Whole30 eve and ate the hell out of the dough and also tested them and THEY ARE AWESOME, Recipe H E R E
T H I S chili for dinner tonight (prepped it at 9:30 pm like the martyr I am) and added fresh basil because my kitchen window plant is a monster. It smelled almost as good as pizza.